Build Status: Public
Game Mode: Campaign
AFK Able: No
Time Per Run: Varies
Mana Used: 0
Mana to Upgrade: 0
More Builds from ForeverMaster
Dungeon Defenders Redux added a secret reward to this challenge map on Ascension: the purple ?"Cool Glasses" accessory. This build is designed to not only beat Sky O' Love, but to farm those fancy glasses for good stats. The secret is triggered by stealing them from a teddy bear under the center stone bridge prior to the boss fight.
Hint 1: How far from the central bottom bridge you can place the Strength Drain Auras depends on their range. Ensnares should not be touching the buff beam; downscale them if necessary to not cover the overhead bridge. Their main purpose in the build is to slow down Wyverns and Kobolds coming close to the core. The reflectors are needed to block archer arrows.
Hint 2-3: Everything is on the stone bridge: 4 DU Buff Beam, 2 Harpoon Turrets, 2 Mortars, a Healing Aura and a Damage Totem, all encased in a reflection cage. The 2 DU reflectors cover the space underneath the bridge for the boss fight.
- First Wave: Build the auras, buff beam and the reflectors protecting each core. Switch to your builder Squire/Countess and add a non-Summoner DPS hero (WITHOUT a damage-dealing pet equipped) before combat starts. Use this Combat Phase to stack the turrets onto the bridge's center, then... suicide the builder.
- Following Waves: The rest of this build can be finished anytime before the final wave begins. To construct the reflect cage, first cover the turrets in a box as usual, then add two more reflectors running through this box, splitting it into four.
- You can add more reflects if you want for more security against the boss OR spend the spare DU on damaging traps/auras/beams to kill select gendered mobs faster, like those coming from the furthermost west and east spawns.
- Before the final wave starts, make sure to have 4 heroes present to earn 4 pairs of Cool Glasses at the end. At least one of them should have a Propeller Cat that can boost multiple heroes.
The goal of this challenge is to make boy and girl mobs pair up, by taking advantage of their aggro behavior. Between the Strength Drains and Healing Aura, this build makes the overhead bridge the safest place to lure them to. Without an Ultimate Fairy, you aren't completely invincible to a spider-warrior assault. Interestingly, it is possible that the Damage Totem will reach into the bridge's midpoint.
>> Boss Fight
Activating Sky O' Love's secret causes a second Mega Cupid to spawn wearing Cool Glasses. The Reflection Beams around the center bridge protect against their deadly arrows (unless they somehow shoot exactly straight down at your turrets). The battle should be over pretty quick with a good DPS Apprentice, Huntress or Ranger and a Monk to Hero Boost.
- If you do not have a Soul Dissolver, Unicorn Staff, Eye of Devastation or other strong weapon/pet that shoots through terrain, expand the reflect cage instead.
- This build does not use any Apprentice towers because their hitboxes are taller than the Squire's turret defenses. Shorter towers under reflects are more safe from high-angled projectiles, like Mega Cupid's arrows.